Friday, November 28, 2008

Ready or not...

So, Thanksgiving dinner was a success. I tried 5 new recipes and ALL of them are keepers. The turkey was awesome, it was moist and flavorful and even Sean, who doesn't like turkey, loved it. The stuffing was fantastic and the green bean casserole was very good. I also tried a pumpkin bread recipe that was very good. Then, to top dinner off, we had to have some sort of pumpkin pie. So, not having any eggs left that weren't hard boiled, I searched for a good recipe. I found No Bake Pumpkin Pie II on Allrecipes. It is a definite keeper. I used a graham cracker crust and put it in an 8" square pan. Perfect! I will be using this one year round I'm sure.
So, anyway, all of my dinner concerns were quickly settled when the turkey fell right off of the bone and everyone said, YUM!
Then Black Friday was here. I got up at 2 and hit Penney's, Wal-Mart, Gordman's, Starbuck's, Menard's, back to Wal-Mart, Michael's, Barnes & Noble, Target & Meijer and was home before 11. I got everything I went out to get plus some extras on the way. It was great fun!
27 DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment